New Address as of 6/8/2015

Les Missionnaires
Elder Nick Martin
3, rue la Martine
21000 Dijon
France
nick.martin@myldsmail.net

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 3, November 18, 2014 Half Way through the MTC


I did!! I got your surprise and I love it!!! I am sooo thankful for it!! I am going to bring it to dinner and share it with my friends!! It made me cry :') thank you! really <3 Oh I need something else in my care package! It's an agate! It is the one that i found on the farm. Its big for an agate and is like an amber color and "c" shaped! I really want that! I use it in lessons! I really would appreciate it so much! oh and email me whenever you get hand written letters in the mail from me so I know that you got them!!

Tell Jake congrats, good luck, and that I pray for him every Friday!! and I found his replacement here at the mtc. One of my comps is just like him so yeah haha but I think I like Jake better ;) barely haha <3 Love you Jake!

I am touched that dad writes me too :) I am just so upset that I don't have enough time to write everyone! I have always been a slow typer.... but I know dad is tough and will be ok if I don't get to him every week... just let him read yours and let him know that I love him too, like a lot! And I am so thankful for him too! Let him know that I can feel his love and can't wait to see that bathroom <3 haha I love you.

I really love all of you <3 I mean it! I thank you so much for all of your support! I couldn't do it without you and I miss you.... and want to go be with you... but I can wait... I will wait and serve the Lord and He will strengthen me and make me a better person for you, for my family to come and more importantly, for myself. I love you so much.... You can tell I don't want to go.... but I must....

With all the love in my heart <3 your son <3 Elder Nick Benjamin Martin

blog: The weather here is cold! It's already snowed twice, but nothing has stuck! still it's like 25 degrees so my clean shaven face in the morning feels like a naked butt in that frigid air!! haha maybe a little too visual lol ;)

The French is hard, but I know a lot more than I think! Yesterday I said like three sentences in French and I was like "whaaaa??? I didn't know I could say that!!" haha God is definitely helping me! :) I've seen so many miracles!! One time when I was having a very bad day, the shower water got cold and I was crying.... I started to pray to ask God if He would make the water hotter, and I said the word "please", just one word, He turned the water to hot and I wept because I know that God is watching out for me <3 

My teachers also say that I am a great student and teacher! One of them said that my comments often saved the lesson, meaning that the small, Spirit-guided things that I said, saved the lesson from being destroyed. One of my spiritual gifts is to feel love for all that I teach and serve and I am so thankful for that! God is here with me! He stands by me. Always. 

I am blessed as a leader too. He stands by me and gives me guidance and tells me what to do and say. Everyone in our Zone looks up to me. They all come to me and I give them the love that Christ would give to them. It's the least I could do, for are we not all beggars? My favorite scripture is 

Romans 8:35-39:    35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ shall tribulationor distress, or persecutionor famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels,nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
The scripture to  me is my favorite. It got me through a hard time in life before and it continues to get me through life as struggles bombard me and Satan pries at me. But the world shall not prevail. I will win because I have God on my side. And so do you. Remember that. He loves us more than anything and is watching over us. Moving us to our bright and happy future. Dieu nous aime.

Half Way through the MTC



No comments:

Post a Comment